Panzer Corps: Afrika Korps
Afrika Korps is the first major expansion for Panzer Corps. It brings to the table a lot of new content, but also a number of novelties in gameplay and a full-blown support of desert warfare into the game.
Welcome to the desert!
The year is 1941 and you will lead the German Afrika Korps, and it`s Axis allies, into Libya and Tunisia during the North African Campaign of World War II.
The reputation of the “Deutsches Afrikakorps” or “DAK” was synonymous with that of its first commander Erwin Rommel, now it is up to you to overwhelm the Allied forces in North Africa, secure the Suez Canal and take hold of the oil rich lands of the Arabian peninsula, maybe even invade the underbelly of the British Empire and threaten its crown jewel: India.
- A branched brand new Afrika Korps campaign with 20+ new scenarios.
- Several new MP scenarios set in the African theatre.
- More than 20+ new units added to the equipment table, like gliders and flamethrowing tanks.
- More varied scenario objectives.
- Scenario objectives could be changing during the course of a battle.
- New desert-related weather types.
- Added are 10 new Afrika Korps heroes.
- Improved AI.
- New media like: new concept art, music, etc…
- New Intro Trailer.
- The Library extended with the most prominent WW2 airplanes.
- New desert tile-set and desert camouflage units.
- All new units and tile-sets will be available for use by the modding community through the existing editor.
24 Brand new scenarios:
Reconnaissance in Force, Ras el Mdauuar, Brevity, Battleaxe, Dash to the Wire, Second offensive, Gazala Line, Malta, Alam Halfa, Suez Canal, Palestine, Syria, Iraq, Basra, Iran, Caucasus, Arabia, East Africa, On Road to India, British India, El Alamein, Kasserine Pass, Mareth Line, Tunisian Bridgehead
First screenshots and art can be found here:
Important Note: Afrika Korps is a full expansion and will require the original Panzer Corps game.